Monday, June 20, 2011

Another look at a small photo album from the 1920's and a glance through the 24th edition of "MotorCycles and How to Manage Them".....

If you've been through much of my blogsite you'd realise I must be an avid collector.... my office bulges....
My daughter, Felicity, an archaeologist says to me "Dad, don't keep doing it....you've got to make a stop.."
Aghh, but when you stop collecting and disseminating information and photographs you seem to me to have one foot in the grave....
So this offering is of a small photo album, red in colour for the cover and features photographs taken by an unknown family in the period 1929-1931...
Initially it covers motorcycles before they seemed to move into cars...so I'm only displaying the motorcycling stuff....
Then, asked by Velo man, Tim Thearle about information on the M.L. "Maglita" combined magneto and dynamo I ended up in a copy of "MotorCycles and how to manage them"...the 24th edition which seems to be written around 1925/26...
Around the time of the photo album....so as another fascination for me is the pen and ink sketch and drawings, we'll look at some from the book....
I'll do an item on the Maglita in a future blog...
Left click on the images to enlarge them....
On a 1926 EW Douglas in 1929...


On the Portsmouth road in 1929 on a 1926 Douglas.
A "refit" (??) in 1929..again on the Douglas...
Earlsfield in 1930 on a 1929 Douglas...
1929 in The New Forest on a 1926 Douglas...
Stourport, Wales..1930...
The cover of "MotorCycles and how to manage them"..


Section of a typical two lever carburetter in 1925...
Vapourising details for Senspray, Cox-Atmos and Amac carburetters in 1925..
Brown and Barlow single lever carburetter,1925..
Brown and Barlow two lever carburetter and control levers,1925...
Amac two lever sporting carburetter,1925..
Amac carburetter control levers,1925...

No comments: