Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Racing DKWs....

Pictures from my Archive… a frequent dip into photographs that I want to share with you….

With the 2008 Hockenheim Classic races currently on and my good friend "The Vintagent", Paul d'Orleans indulging himself over there, I thought it worth posting some photos of DKWs...I'm sure there will be some parading there, perhaps even some that are in my pictures...
I need some help in identifying the place these were taken at and the date... so any of you out there with literature from this period, drop me a line to help with their identification.
Bo Ekland from Sweden is a likely candidate and has been very helpful so far...
Left click on the photos to enlarge them...






Ewald Kluge, 350 DKW likely during 1951-53 below with Walfreid Winkler, prewar DKW, above
















The photo with the Malmeoy sign is probably taken at the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa- Francorcamps on July 16th 1939.






























Rider no 50, looks very much like Ewald Kluge as the rider and if it is and it is the Belgian GP 1939, then he won that race and continued on to be "Champion of Europe" after having won 4 out of the 7 races counting for the championship.

No comments: